The Family of Kemmis
Edition 3.3 - 5 June 2020
Kemmis of Yankalilla
- XXVI. Henry Kemmis: 3rd. son of Thomas Kemmis (XXV) of Shaen by his wife Mary: born 1812 at Brockley Park: B.A. of Trinity College Dublin, Midsummer 1834: of the City of Oxford and subsequently of Mount Pleasant, Yankalilla, Hindmarsh, South Australia: of Hobart Town, Van Dieman's Land, Tasmania in 1858, and in 1866 of Campbell Town, Tasmania: died at Quirindi 29th. September 1899: married 1st. Mary, daughter of .....Dodd Exq. of Oxford, who died at Yankalilla 29th. September 1848 and is buried there, and 2nd. in 1851 at Rapid Bay, South Australia, Isabella, daughter of William Dagleish Esq. of Newcastle-On-Tyne. Issue by his 1st. wife:
- 1. Henry: born in Dublin 8th. July 1833 of Denmark House, Armidale, New South Wales, September 1879: married 17th. November 1862 at Lake Learmouth, Victoria, Annie, daughter of John Smith Esq. of Burumbeet, Victoria, father of
- (a) Henry (95), born 3rd. October 1863 at Burrumbeet,
- (b) a son born 1865 at Burrumbeet. (x)
- 2. George: born 22nd. July 1837, in Ireland: married at Avoca, N.S.W. 18th. April 1864 Elizabeth Presdee only daughter of Rev. James Morish, Independent Minister of Avoca: father of Arthur, born at Avoca, February 1865.
- 3. Emily: born 2nd. December 1834 at Oxford: married in St. Stephen's Church, Willinga, South Australia, 22nd. January 1856, Chas Wm. Scott of Yankalilla, clerk to the District Council and to the Local Court, and Telegraph Station Master at Norman Villa, Yankalilla, 2nd. son of Thomas Edward Scott Esq. of Upper Swnathorpe, Crondall, Hampshire.
- 4. Louisa: born 23rd. February 1836 in Dublin: married at Yankalilla, March 1856, Walter Scott Esq. of Yankalilla.
- 5. Aphrasia: born 23rd. April 1841 at Payneham, near Adelaide, S.A.: married ..... Sutton Esq.
- 6. Frances: born 30th. June 1842 at Yankalilla: married there, 5th. May 1858, John Wordsworth Heathcote of Mount Pleasant, eldest son of John Heathcote Esq., J.P. of Mt. Pleasant, Yankalilla, late one of H.M. Inspectors of Factories. By his 2nd wife,
- 7. Arthur: born in 1851 at Yankalilla: of Denmark House, Arundale, N.S.W.
- 8. William Henry: born 1856 in Tasmania: in 1879 of Arundale, N.S.W.
- 9. John Thomas: born April 1865 and died August 1877 at Bathurst.
- 10. Charles Edward: born January 1869 at Victoria.
- 11. Harriet Alma: December 1854 at Adelaide.
- 12. Mary: born 1858 in Tasmania.
- 13. Elizabeth Smith: born October 1862.
- 14. Edith: born December 1866.
- 15. Annie May: born May 1872.
Footnotes to Kemmis of Yankalilla
- (95) Probably the H. Kemmis and W. H. Kemmis (x) mentioned in the "New South Wales Directory" for 1884-5, as of the Grammar School, Sandon County; in the directory for 1889-90 Arthur Kemmis only is described as of the Grammar School and no mention of H. or W. H. Kemmis.
- (x) ? The Wm. Henry Kemmis mentioned in the Clergy List of 1890 as B.A. of the University of Sydney, deacon 1890 priest 1891, curate of Temworth, Diocese of Graft, New South Wales 1890, Vicar of Port Macquarie 1892-5, Vicar of Quirindi, New South Wales, 1895.
Beginning of Document
Table of Contents
Kemeys of Port Philip
Kemmis of Croham Hurst
John L. & Irene Kemmis